Please fill out the following to inquire about starting therapy. If you have any trouble with this form, please email me about your inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider joining my mailing list. Besides weekly tips and inspiration, you are invited to free monthly webinars. I cover different topics and stay online for open Q&A.
Can we meet in person?
I’m sorry, no. I am doing all sessions remotely through a HIPAA compliant Zoom room.
Do you take insurance?
- I do not take insurance directly.
- Keep in mind that most insurance does not cover couples counseling (a “V code” diagnosis of relational distress).
- Working with couples, both people are my clients. As such, any receipt provided will list both people as clients.
- It is up to you to check with your insurance plan about possible reimbursement for out of network services.
- If your company requests more information than is provided on the receipt, I will provide a brief summary of treatment and an explanation of why further treatment would be beneficial; I will not provide a treatment plan or therapy notes. You retain ultimate responsibility for payment for services if your insurance company decides that this documentation does not meet their requirements for coverage of your treatment.
What are your rates?
I charge $200 for a 50 minute session and $320 for an 80 minute session. While I recommend 80 minutes, at least in the beginning, we can certainly work with the shorter session, as well.
How often do we meet?
I don’t require weekly sessions. Most clients come roughly every other week. Any less often than that, and we’re often playing catch up. It can be hard to get momentum. I’d prefer to work with people more intensely, make progress, and be done rather than draw the process out and fail to gain traction.
That being said, the work is really between sessions. So it’s up to you how focused and committed you are to making change between sessions; that will be the biggest determinant of the duration of therapy.