What Does It Cost?
My fee is $200 for a fifty minute session or $320 for an eighty minute session. I send an invoice via email to be paid in advance of the session.
Good faith estimate of charges: The total amount you will spend on therapy is dependent on how many sessions you decide to schedule. I do not require a number of sessions and cannot anticipate how many you will feel you need to reach your goals of relationship improvement. You are entitled to, and I am happy to funish upon request, a good faith estimate of charges.
Payment is due before each session unless different arrangements have been made so that we can use the full session hour for counseling.
Sessions include: telephone calls, consults, requested reports and consultations with other professionals. These will be charged on a prorated basis.
Time spent in any way on legal proceedings is billed at five hundred dollars ($500) per hour.
Can I use insurance?
- I do not take insurance directly.
- Keep in mind that most insurance does not cover couples counseling (a diagnosis of Z63.0 for relational distress).
- Working with couples, both people are my clients. As such, any receipt provided will list both people as clients.
- It is up to you to check with your insurance plan about possible reimbursement for out of network services.
- If your company requests more information than is provided on the receipt, I will provide a brief summary of treatment and an explanation of why further treatment would be beneficial; I will not provide a treatment plan or therapy notes. You retain ultimate responsibility for payment for services if your insurance company decides that this documentation does not meet their requirements for coverage of your treatment.
Do you offer reduced fees?
FINANCIAL HARDSHIP SPACES
AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME:
- I maintain a limited number of appointments at a reduced rate for clients who meet the criteria for financial hardship.
- If your household has an income less than $45,000 per year (adjusted upwards by $5000 per year per child in the household) AND you do not have insurance coverage that would reimburse you for counseling services, you may request the financial hardship rate ($90 for 50 minutes and $145 for 80 minutes).
- These slots are given on a first come, first served basis and must be arranged in advance.
- In order to serve the most clients possible, if you miss two appointments without prior arrangement, your financial hardship slot can be forfeited and given to someone else.
What forms of payment do you take?
I send invoices which can be paid with any credit or debit card, as well as HSA cards.
What is your cancellation policy?
How do we pay for online sessions?